We’re committed to making the John Lewis Finance website accessible to everybody and have included features that make it easier to use by those with visual disabilities. We’ll also add new accessibility features based on the feedback we receive from users.
The sections below give some advice about getting easier access to the site.
All documents and literature are available, on demand, in accessible formats (such as large print, Braille or audio cassette) for customers with sight impairments. Please call our customer service teams for more information.
|Product||Phone number||Opening times|
|International Payments||0330 123 3396 (Select option 2)||
Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
Closed on weekends
|Foreign Currency||0330 123 3396 (Select option 1)||
Monday to Saturday 8.30am to 5.30pm
|Partnership Card (old card)||0345 300 3833, or textphone 0121 265 3051
Monday to Sunday 8am to 8pm
|Partnership Card (new card)||0330 175 9829
Lines open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm;
Saturday 9am - 6pm;
Sunday 10am - 4pm
|Home Insurance||0345 608 9011||
|Specialist Home Insurance||0800 916 6880||
|Car Insurance||0330 024 0612 or 01782 875 521||
|Pet Insurance||0330 102 2745||
|Wedding Insurance||0330 102 2747 or 01422 501 072||
|Event Insurance||0330 102 2747 or 01422 501 072||
Background and foreground colours have been chosen to provide a high degree of contrast to maximise visibility. These colours are controlled within the cascading style sheets, which may be overridden by altering the user's browser settings.
Modern browsers can magnify websites instantly, keeping the design intact but assisting legibility for visually impaired users.
How to increase the text size
The text on this site can be made larger by zooming in, magnifying the website.
To increase the text size in Internet Explorer and Chrome:
- Hold down Ctrl and press + at the same time.
- Keep holding down Ctrl and pressing + until the text is a comfortable size
- To zoom out, hold down Ctrl and press - (minus)
Using the John Lewis Finance website without a mouse
Many web browsers have keyboard shortcuts that you can use with any sites.
Here are some useful ones that work in both Internet Explorer and Firefox:
- Tab: jump to the next link or entry box on the page
- Shift + Tab: jump to the previous link or entry box on the page
- Alt + Left cursor key: go back (equivalent to clicking the 'back' button)
- Alt + Right cursor key: go forward (equivalent to clicking the 'forward' button)
- F5: refresh the page (equivalent to clicking the 'refresh' button)
- Spacebar: select / deselect a checkbox when the keyboard focus is on it
- Ctrl + F: find on this page
Advice if you use a screenreader
Some operating systems also have built-in accessibility features that can read text aloud, or magnify parts of the screen. If you have your own screen reading software you should find it works well on johnlewisfinance.com. We suggest if your software has a 'forms mode', that you do not turn it on. This site should be compatible with recent versions of the following screen readers:
- Window Eyes
The fastest way to get to the main part of each page is to jump to the main heading of the page. For example, in Jaws press h until you hear "heading level 1" read out.
Some areas of our site now use tabbed containers to allow you to select the information you want to read and stop the page from looking overcrowded. All the available content is read out by screen readers when the page is loaded.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options (or hold down alt and press t at the same time, then continue to hold down alt and press the letter o).
- Using the mouse (or the shift, tab and cursor keys), select the Security tab, and click (or tab to) the icon for the zone containing John Lewis Foreign Currency, usually Internet, then click Custom Level (or tab to it and press enter).
- Scroll down to Scripting and under Active Scripting, select Enable. You can select by pressing spacebar.
- Click OK (or tab to it and press enter). Click Yes to any popup asking if you want to change the security settings (or tab to yes and press enter), then click OK (or tab to it and press enter).
Note that if you have ad-blocking software or internet security software, you may also have to remove www.johnlewisfinance.com from the sites that are blocked.
Advice on accessibility on external sites
The following external sites are also useful resources when it comes to accessibility in order to find out more about adjusting your settings and help and support.
John Lewis Finance is a trading name of John Lewis plc. Registered office 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England (Registered Company number 233462).