1. Offer open to new dog and cat insurance customers only.
2. Customers purchasing our Premier Pet Insurance will qualify for a £15 John Lewis Partnership gift card and customers purchasing our Plus Pet Insurance will qualify for a £10 John Lewis Parnership gift card.
3. To qualify for the offer you must purchase a new Pet Insurance policy between 00:01 on 4 July 2018 and 23:59 on 3 October 2018.
4. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or coupon, except online discounts when available, or exchanged for cash.
5. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with Partner discount.
6. To receive the gift card, you must register your details on the website: johnlewisfinance.com/redeem. You must do this within 28 days of the policy purchase date.
7. The gift card will be sent to the policyholder within 60 days of the policy start date, provided the policyholder has registered their details as outlined in point 6.
8. Offer does not apply to policies cancelled within 30 days of policy start date.
9. All prices quoted in connection with this offer refer to the retail value of the gift card.
10. John Lewis plc reserves the right to withdraw or amend the offer at any time.
11. One offer available per pet.
12. The policy holder's delivery information will be passed to a third party distribution company for the dispatch of the gift card.
13. By entering into this offer, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
14. The Promoter is John Lewis plc, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN
Whether they’re your sidekick, co-worker, personal trainer or alarm clock, your pet is always there for you. That’s why our trusted and reassuring Pet Insurance is always there for them.
Our three levels of cover Essential, Plus and Premier are all lifetime covers, which mean's there's no time limit to how long a claim can last. So as long as you renew your policy with us and there is no break in cover, your pet’s treatment can continue year after year.
Plus when you take out a new Premier or Plus policy before 3 October 2018, you'll receive a John Lewis Partnership gift card to spend on your pet. Treat them to some toys or accessories with a £10 gift card (new Plus customers) or £15 gift card (new Premier customers). Terms and conditions apply.
Defaqto 5 Star Ratings applies to Plus and Premier Pet Insurance only
For your dog
Our three levels of cover (Essential, Plus and Premier) are all lifetime covers for vet fees, emergency dental care (needed due to an injury) and third-party liability if your dog causes damage to others.
We provide cover for dogs and cats from eight weeks old, and there is no upper age limit, though benefits do change for pets over nine years old.*
We don't offer cover for the ‘types’ of dogs that should be registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and the Dangerous Dogs (Northern Ireland) Order 1991 or any subsequent amendments (whether pedigree, cross-breed or mixed breed):
Pit Bull Terrier
Additionally, we don't offer cover for:
American bulldog and other breeds which are not on our breed list
Wolf or wolf hybrid
Guard or security dogs
Dogs used for racing
Dogs used in connection with any profession, occupation or business
Dogs used for breeding
*You will not be able to claim for vet fees as a result of an accident in the first 48 hours of cover, or for any changes in your pet's health or behaviour in the first 14 days of cover. Death from illness cover is not available for any pets aged 9 years and above.
Our Pet Insurance only offers Lifetime Cover. This means, if you're insured with us and your premiums are paid, you could claim for a one-off mishap such as a cut paw, or an illness such as diabetes which needs treatment every year.
We offer three levels of cover, so you can choose the level of veterinary fees you'll have to use for the treatment your pet needs. If your policy is renewed every year and there is no break in cover, we won't put a time limit on how long treatment can last and we'll pay up to your chosen vet fee limit each year that you need it.
As your pet gets older they’re more likely to become ill, so the price of your insurance rises at renewal. New developments in diagnosis and treatments mean vets provide even better care. This comes at a cost, so we have to account for the rise in vet fees. Once your pet is aged nine, your excess will increase.
If you decide to change your insurer, you might find it difficult to find cover for any conditions your pet previously or currently has. Rest assured, you’ll be covered up to your chosen vet fee limit each year for as long as you keep your policy with us. If your pet is aged nine or over, you will be asked to pay extra excess when making a claim.
Gift offer open to customers purchasing a new John Lewis Plus or Premier Pet Insurance policy by 3 October 2018. Customers purchasing in accordance with these terms and conditions will receive a £10 gift card for Plus or a £15 gift card for Premier policies. Redeemable online.
† For new customers purchasing online. Minimum premiums apply. Discount is automatically applied when you get a quote.
John Lewis Finance and John Lewis Insurance are trading names of John Lewis plc. The John Lewis Registered office address is: 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN. Registered in England and Wales no. 233462.
John Lewis plc is an appointed representative (Financial Conduct Authority number 416011) of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Pet Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323).