Travel money guides

Our holiday checklist can help ensure you don’t leave any essentials behind.

You need to report and cancel a lost passport as soon as possible to prevent any fraudulent activity.

Some of you may already have one, while others may never have heard of it.

By planning ahead, you can reduce the charges and get a great deal on your holiday money.

We answer “how much money can I take abroad?” as well as rules around bringing cash into the UK.

If you’re thinking of using a bank card abroad, make sure you check what fees you could be charged.

Dealing with different cultures can be confusing – especially when it comes to tipping

For a true taste of your holiday destination, you can’t beat a trip to the local markets

No December city break is complete without a trip to some Christmas markets

Travel Money from John Lewis

For foreign currency at great rates, pop to one of the Bureaux de change in our John Lewis & Partners shops around the UK or order online.


John Lewis Finance and John Lewis & Partners Bureau de Change are both trading names of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England (Registered Company Number 233462). John Lewis plc introduce the panel of carefully chosen providers in Bureau de Change products and services, whom each hold the appropriate licences with the Financial Conduct Authority and HMRC.

Foreign Currency online from both John Lewis Finance and John Lewis & Partners is provided by First Rate Exchange Services Limited registration number 04287490 (Money Service Business licence number MLR-64068), whose registered office is at Great West House, Great West Road, Brentford, West London, TW8 9DF England.

John Lewis Finance is a trading name of John Lewis plc, registered in England with company number 233462, registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 724309). Credit is provided by NewDay Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 7297722, registered office: 7 Handyside Street, London, N1C 4DA. NewDay Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with number 690292 and is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 (Ref no: 555318) for the provision of payment services.

Copyright © John Lewis Partnership
Back to top