Our Wedding Insurance must be taken out by either the prospective marriage or civil partners or one of their parents (usually the person paying the deposits). The policy holder must be over 18 years old.

We suggest that you take it out as soon as you've paid for any part of the event, so that your deposits are covered.

Wedding Insurance from John Lewis Finance can be taken out up to two years before the wedding date.

Yes, anything already booked or paid for will be covered from the purchase date of the policy. Please make sure you have written contracts with all suppliers.

If the weather causes major disruption to travel services preventing you or more than 50% of your guests getting to the venue, then you'll be covered. You should call our dedicated claims handling team to check before cancelling - 0330 102 2759.

Our Wedding Insurance covers a range of issues including:

The venue is unable to hold the wedding for an insured reason

Failure of suppliers, such as wedding flowers, cake, rings

Issues with photos and recordings

Damage to wedding outfits before the wedding day

Legal expenses and public liability cover

Each section of cover applies for different lengths of time and has conditions and exclusions applying to it. For more information, please see the policy wording.

You will need to make sure you choose the Overseas Wedding Cover option when selecting your cover level. Make sure you take out a separate Travel Insurance policy to cover your entire trip.

Public liability cover does not apply to weddings and wedding receptions taking place in the USA or Canada.

Unfortunately, we're unable to provide cover for weddings and wedding receptions in countries that are on the UK Government HM Treasury international financial sanctions list. This is because we're not allowed to carry out insurance transactions with those countries.

Unfortunately not: our Wedding Insurance only covers your wedding and wedding reception. We suggest that you take out a separate Travel Insurance policy to be fully covered for your honeymoon.

Just give us a call on 0330 102 2759 or look at our claims page for a step-by-step guide.

You will need to pay an excess of £50 on all claims except Legal Expenses which do not have an excess.

You have up to 14 days after receiving your policy documents to change your mind and get a full refund, as long as you haven’t already made a claim and your wedding hasn’t taken place.

If you would like to change your policy just give us a call on 0330 102 2747 if you’d like to add Overseas Wedding Cover, Marquee Cover or upgrade your existing level of wedding cover.

Our Wedding Insurance covers permanent residents that have been living in the UK for at least the last 6 months. If you have not been living in the UK, the policy can be taken out by one of the bride or groom’s parents if they are a permanent resident in the UK. 

The bride and groom’s names are still listed on the policy and therefore suppliers booked in the bride or grooms name would still be covered in accordance with the policy.

John Lewis Finance and John Lewis Insurance are trading names of John Lewis plc. The John Lewis Registered office address is: 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN. Registered in England and Wales No. 233462.

John Lewis plc is an appointed representative (Financial Conduct Authority No. 416011) of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Wedding Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323).

Copyright © John Lewis Partnership
Back to top