Protection while you
explore the EU

Since 1995, it’s been a lot easier to travel around Europe and you can drive from France into Belgium, or from Spain into Portugal, barely even noticing you've crossed the border.

This freedom to move between countries without showing your passport gives you more time to explore Europe.

If you’re planning on travelling across the countries of the EU then make sure you have a suitable Travel Insurance policy. This includes:

High level of travel cover across Europe

Up to £10 million of emergency medical costs

Trip cancellation cover of up to £8,000 per person

New for old baggage - up to £2,500 if your luggage is lost

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides the latest travel advice, specific to individual countries. This includes information on local laws and customs, visa and entry requirements, plus any safety and security issues you should be aware of before you travel. The FCO may announce countries as unsuitable and therefore we may not cover you if you’re travelling within these countries. If you’re unsure, please call us on 0345 111 0030.

The Travel Advice Line

Available for all our Travel Insurance customers, this helpline gives you travel advice before and during your trip. This includes:

Visa and passport requirements and procedures.

Language, customs and culture.

Health issues (local epidemics, AIDS risks, child issues).

Advice with lost tickets, luggage, passports and credit cards.

Message forwarding (we’ll forward up to three emergency messages on your behalf while you’re abroad).

Please note: this service is not able to help with general policy, claims or medical screening enquiries.

Did you know?

Car Insurance from John Lewis Finance offers up to 90 days of driving in Europe as standard, as well as optional European Breakdown Cover.

So if you’re planning on holidaying in Europe and want to take a car, find out if your insurance provider covers you across the Channel.

Table of cover

  Essential Plus Premier
Emergency medical expenses £2m £5m £10m
Cancellation cover £1,000 £5,000 £8,000
Personal belongings cover Optional £500 £1,500 £2,500
Travel delay £300 £400 £600
24-hour emergency medical helpline      
Missed departure   £600 £1,000
Money and documents   £500 £800
Delayed baggage   £150 £300
Hospital benefits £300 £750 £1,500

Top FAQs

Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance from John Lewis Finance is only available to people under 74 years old.

There’s no upper age limit on our Single Trip Travel Insurance.

Cover is available to residents of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.

Our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance can cover up to two adults under 65 living at the same address who are married or living together as if they’re married. We also cover any number of dependent children (son, daughter, grandchild, step-child, foster child) under 18, or 21 if in full time education, travelling with them.

You can call us on 0845 111 0030 or email us: Please make sure you include your name, address (including postcode) and policy number.

Our partner

John Lewis Finance and John Lewis Insurance are trading names of John Lewis plc. The John Lewis Registered office address is: 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN. Registered in England and Wales No. 233462.

John Lewis plc is an appointed representative (Financial Conduct Authority No. 416011) of Ageas Retail Limited. John Lewis Travel Insurance is provided by Ageas Retail Limited (No. 1324965). Registered office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YA. Ageas Retail Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (number 312468). Ageas Retail Limited is a sister company of Ageas Insurance Limited.

Copyright © John Lewis Partnership
Back to top