We always do
what's right for you

Our cover’s designed to get you back on your feet quickly, fully and fairly. So while we hope you’ll never need to make a claim on your home insurance, if you do you can be assured we’ll always put your needs first. Simply decide what kind of cover works for you, and get a quote today.

Excellent value for money with a name you can trust.

Kaz, South East

Buildings &
Contents Cover

Comprehensive cover for your home and belongings, including bespoke Specialist Cover for unique needs.


Ensures the structures and built-in fixtures on your property can be quickly repaired from unexpected events.


Often chosen by renters and leaseholders, this full-featured cover can protect your personal belongings at home and abroad.

The benefits of buying home insurance
from John Lewis just add up

Every time you spend with the Partnership Card, you'll earn points towards vouchers to spend at John Lewis and Waitrose, and you’ll earn more when you purchase from us. Use your card to buy any of our insurance policies or foreign currencies, and we’ll credit you with a full 1 point for every £1 you spend. Find out more about Partnership Card benefits.


18.9% APR

Purchase rate
18.9% pa

Based on an assumed
credit limit of:

Articles and Guides

Secure your home

Whether you're going on holiday or heading out for the day, it's worth taking the time to secure your home and property.

Learn more

Things to consider

Home Insurance policies vary in how much cover they provide and the price you pay for them.

Learn more


Home insurance refers to either contents insurance or buildings insurance or a combination of both.

Buildings insurance covers the building, including any outbuildings such as sheds. Buildings insurance generally covers your home against risks including flood, fire and subsidence.

Contents insurance covers the possessions in your home. Contents insurance will cover you against your belongings being stolen and some policies may cover you if something in your home is damaged by accident.

Buildings and contents insurance can be sold separately, but if you need to make a claim, having buildings and contents insurance from the same insurer helps make the process easier.

The amount you pay for home insurance is calculated by looking at many different factors including your home’s location, size, construction type and security levels; the value of your contents; and your claims history.

Essentially, the higher the risk of loss or damage to your property, and the higher the value of the property and the contents, the more you’ll have to pay to insure them.

If your home is seriously damaged – due to flood, for example – we'll find alternative accommodation, similar to your own, for you to live in until you can return home. Limits vary depending on your level of cover.

If it is safe to do so, you should take steps to limit the damage where possible – for example move furniture out of standing water or switch off your water supply to stop a leak.

Our Partner

We've carefully selected Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc to underwrite Home Insurance from John Lewis.

John Lewis Finance and John Lewis Insurance are trading names of John Lewis plc. The John Lewis Registered office address is: 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN. Registered in England and Wales No. 233462.

John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc. John Lewis Home Insurance is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc (No. 93792). Registered in England and Wales at St. Mark's Court, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1XL. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Financial Services Register No. 202323). Calls may be recorded and monitored.

John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Covea Insurance plc. Its Financial Services Register No. is 416011. John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance is underwritten by Covea Insurance plc. The Covea Insurance Registered office address is: Norman Place, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8DA. Registered in England and Wales No 613259. It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Its Financial Services Register No. is 202277.


Copyright © John Lewis Partnership
Back to top