£50 e-gift card with new Buildings
and Contents Cover

As a myWaitrose member, if you take out our Gold, Silver or Bronze Buildings and Contents Cover using the promo code MYWRHOME, you'll receive a £50 e-gift card to spend at John Lewis or Waitrose & Partners. £25 e-gift card for either Buildings Only or Contents Only Cover. Your gift card will arrive within 90 days of your policy start date.

If you want to speak to us about a Home Insurance quote, please call us on 0345 608 9001.

Building your cover is easy

Choose from three straightforward levels of cover for Buildings, Contents or both.

Tailor your policy with the optional add-ons you need.

Make changes to your policy, without admin fees or hidden charges.

If you're an existing customer, you won't pay more than a new customer for the same cover.

Choose what's covered


Simply pick the cover that includes what you need.

View our full cover details for even more features that come as standard.

Bronze Silver Gold
Maximum we'll pay:
Replacing your contents
£50,000 £100,000 Unlimited
Alternative accommodation
£10,000 £15,000 Unlimited
Valuables in the
£10,000 £20,000 £40,000
£2,000 £5,000 £10,000
Tenants improvements
£10,000 £15,000 £20,000
Contents in the open £2,000 £3,000 £5,000
Utility or fuel charges from accidental loss £500 £1,000 £5,000
Loss of media downloads £500 £1,000 £5,000
View all cover details
View less

Choose the cover level that suits you and your home.
View our cover details for everything we include as standard.

Bronze Silver Gold
Maximum we'll pay:
Repairing/rebuilding your home
£400,000 Unlimited Unlimited
Alternative accommodation
£50,000 £100,000 Unlimited
Trace and access
£5,000 £5,000 Unlimited
Locks and keys
£500 £750 Unlimited
View all cover details
View less

We also offer Specialist Home Insurance for unique homes
and high-value contents.

Choose your optional add-ons

It's easy to tailor your policy with the add-ons you need.
You can also change your add-ons to suit your new circumstances at any time, without admin fees or hidden charges.



Get help with computer problems like restoring your home systems or removing viruses. We'll also help you if you fall victim to online fraud.



Get access to a legal helpline, plus up to £100,000 of cover to help with legal issues, like boundary disputes.



Whether it's red wine on a white carpet or a broken glass coffee table, you're covered.



Add up to £15,000 of cover for your bikes while at home or out and about (up to a maximum of £5,000 per bike). We cover against loss, damage or theft, anywhere in the world.



Up to £5,000 of contents cover for your family while they're studying and living away from your home.



Expensive to buy, easy to drop. Add an additional £10,000 of cover for your gadgets (max £2,500 per item). Add items worth more than £200 specifically to your policy.



Extend your Buildings Cover to protect against accidental damage to your home's construction, including drains and pipes.



In the event of a home emergency, we'll make things safe with a temporary repair. We'll also provide an annual boiler service to help keep your heating and hot water working as they should.

No surprises when it comes time to renew

If you're an existing customer, you won't pay more than a new customer for the same cover. So, when it's time to renew you'll still enjoy great value. And we'll do all we can to explain the price of your policy clearly, so you know exactly what you're paying for.


Select the relevant link below to view and print your policy document(s).

Gold, Silver and Bronze Cover

Essential Cover

Plus Cover

Premier Cover

Specialist Cover


Please call us on 0800 916 6880 if you wish to request hard copies of your Specialist Home Insurance policy documents.

Premier Select



Home insurance refers to either contents insurance or buildings insurance or a combination of both.

Buildings insurance covers the building, including any outbuildings such as sheds. Buildings insurance generally covers your home against risks including flood, fire and subsidence.

Contents insurance covers the possessions in your home. Contents insurance will cover you against your belongings being stolen and some policies may cover you if something in your home is damaged by accident.

Buildings and contents insurance can be sold separately, but if you need to make a claim, having buildings and contents insurance from the same insurer helps make the process easier.

The amount you pay for home insurance is calculated by looking at many different factors including your home’s location, size, construction type and security levels; the value of your contents; and your claims history.

Essentially, the higher the risk of loss or damage to your property, and the higher the value of the property and the contents, the more you’ll have to pay to insure them.

If your home is seriously damaged – due to flood, for example – we'll find alternative accommodation, similar to your own, for you to live in until you can return home. Limits vary depending on your level of cover.

If it is safe to do so, you should take steps to limit the damage where possible – for example move furniture out of standing water or switch off your water supply to stop a leak.

Yes, these are considered 'valuables', which includes items such as:

  • Jewellery
  • Articles containing gold, silver or precious metals
  • Watches
  • Paintings and other works of art
  • Stamp, coin or medal collections
  • Musical instruments

Each insurance product has a different valuables limit so you can choose the one to suit your needs.

If you have any valuables worth more than £3,000 each, you’ll need to specify them when you get a quote.

If you have any valuables that are worth more than £20,000 each, our Specialist Home Insurance may be more suitable for you. Find out more or speak to an adviser on 0800 916 6880.

Please refer to your policy wording for the full list of cover.

Yes, second homes, holiday homes and let properties can be insured under our Specialist Cover. They aren't covered by our standard Home Insurance, however.


What is buildings insurance?

Your home is precious, so it’s important to prepare for the unexpected

What is contents insurance?

Help soften the blow if something happens to your possessions

Escape of water

Learn about water leaks, why they happen and how to prevent them

Terms & conditions
1. Offer open to myWaitrose members purchasing new policies with promotional code MYWRHOME and applies to John Lewis Bronze, Silver and Gold Home Insurance. 2. myWaitrose members purchasing any new combined Contents and Buildings policy in accordance with these terms and conditions can redeem a £50 John Lewis Partnership e-gift card or a £25 e-gift card with Contents Only or Buildings Only policies. 3. Minimum annual insurance premiums apply. Customers redeeming a £25 e-gift card with a Contents Only or Buildings Only policy must have an annual insurance premium of £75 or greater, or £150 or greater for a £50 e-gift card with a Contents and Buildings policy. 4. Customers must register their full name, address, email address, policy number and MyWaitrose membership number online at https://redeem.johnlewisfinance.com/ within 28 days of the policy purchase date. No e-gift card will be issued without registration. 5. E-gift card will be sent to the policyholder within 90 days of the policy start date provided the policyholder has registered their details. 6. This offer does not apply to policies cancelled within 30 days of receipt of policy documents. 7. This offer is limited to one per household. 8. The policyholder’s delivery information will be passed to a third-party distribution company who will dispatch the e-gift cards. 9. Terms and conditions apply to the use of John Lewis Partnership e-gift card, see https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/prices-and-payment/gift-cards. 10. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this offer at any time. 11. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, including Partner discount. 12. This offer is not available for policies purchased on financial services comparison websites. 13. This offer is not available to employees or retirees of the John Lewis Partnership, their dependents or their agents or anyone else connected with the Promoter. 14. By entering this offer, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. 15. This offer and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The Promoter is John Lewis plc, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN.

John Lewis Finance, John Lewis Home Insurance and John Lewis & Partners are all trading names of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England and Wales (Registered Company Number 233462). John Lewis plc is an appointed representative of Munich Re Digital Partners Limited, a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry on insurance distribution activities.

John Lewis Finance, John Lewis Insurance and John Lewis & Partners are all trading names of John Lewis plc. Registered office: 171 Victoria Street, London SW1E 5NN. Registered in England and Wales (Registered Company Number 233462). John Lewis plc is an appointed representative (Financial Conduct Authority no. 416011) of Covea Insurance plc which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (registration no. 202277). John Lewis Specialist Home Insurance is underwritten by Covea Insurance plc. Registered Office: Norman Place, Reading, Berkshire RG1 8DA. Registered in England and Wales (registration no. 613259).